Wendy Sellers is an HR expert, consultant and speaker who focuses on being relatable without over-complicating things. She has many topics for interactive, facilitated workshops focused on management training, leadership development and corporate culture - and will work with you to customize your meeting.
As a realistic, witty and energetic consultant, trainer or event speaker, Wendy is authentic and transparent - above all, she keeps it real. She is honest, loyal and direct - there is never any sugar coating! Two of the most popular for conferences are 3 Things Leaders Should Know - and - 5 Ways Our Employees Drive Us Crazy.
Three Things Leaders Should Know (in order to get stuff done)
(1) Your personality annoys us
(2) Common sense isn't common and
(3) You suck at communicating
This humorous session is about reflecting as a professional and asking the question: "Am I part of the problem?" Employees, managers, and leaders will come out of these events with a new perspective to change their workplace behaviors and actions immediately.
Participants will learn about the 4 personality styles using the DiSC model and how the differences can cause (and resolve) interpersonal conflict. We will dive into the fact that common sense is actually a set of skills learned by a common group of people and why it is imperative to take away judgment and offer to teach the skills that are lacking. And finally, the concept of active listening through distractions will be spotlighted through a short group activity. (Her leadership book, "Suck It Up, Buttercup" goes a few steps further on this topic.)
Five Ways Our Employees Drive Us Crazy and What To Do About It!
(1) They don't listen
(2) They make so many mistakes
(3) They have no common sense
(4) They have an entitlement mentality
(5) They just don't care
This is also a humorous session about reflecting as a manager or leader. We will review each point and analyze WHY employees do things to drive us crazy. Hint: It is most likely their manager using ineffective strategies of (1) clear two way communication, (2) training and development methods, (3) making assumptions about their skills, (4) forgetting that it is 2019 not 1990 and (5) not engaging employees effectively.
I rated you the BEST of all the seminars I attended today at the conference. Good job! As we exited, one of my colleagues said - "I wish my Director had sat in this session. She NEEDS it."
- Mike @ SCORE
We want to thank you for speaking at our our 2020 Fabricators Conference. We received VERY positive feedback from our attendees regarding your presentation.
- Chelsea Building Products, Inc.
If you're a HR professional and have the courage and passion for breaking through the HR reputation barrier, you need to attend this and take notes. Wendy Sellers gets it and has helped countless HR professionals find relevance and respect when HR is not the respected function we would like. - - Dan @ Conference Attendee
· HR Talk! Podcast 2018, 2019, 2020
· Disrupt HR Orlando, Gainesville and Daytona FL (2018, 2019, 2020)
· Early Learning Coalition - Business 2019, 2020
· ChildSavers Business Conference - 2020
· HR Florida Conference 2015-2020
· UF Inspiring Women Leaders Conference 2019
· Rollins College Student HR Conference 2019
· Go for the Greens Conference, Disney, 2019
· Ignite Strategic Growth, Small Business Leadership Conference, Orlando 2019
· Leadership Seminole, 2015-2018
· Leadership Suwannee, 2019
· Fl Tax Collectors Conference, 2019
· Grainger HR Conference 2019
· Lake -Sumter Medical Society 2019
· United Way NCF Small Bus Summit 2019
· World at Works, Total Rewards Conference. 2015 & 2019
· UCF College of Business, Keynote 2018
· Medical All Stars, Florida Expo 2018 & 2019
· Jacksonville and Space Coast SHRM Annual Conference(s) speaker
· CareerSource Florida Workforce Development Summit, 2016, 2017
· CareerSource Polk Conference 2019
· SCORE Orlando, Daytona, Jacksonville 2015-2019
- and many more.
Wendy Sellers, The HR Lady, speaker on stage
To help leaders create successful companies which employees do not want to desperately want a vacation from.
What do you mean when you say Suck It Up?
What makes a good leader?
What is up next for The HR Lady, an HR expert, leader, author and speaker??
Enjoy this 25-minute session on 3 Things Leaders Should Know: (1) Your personality annoys people (2) Common sense is not common and (3) You suck at communication. Read more in my book "Suck It Up, Buttercup."
5 Ways Our Employees Drive Us Crazy (And What To Do About It) | presented by Wendy Sellers, The HR Lady at DisruptHR Orlando
According to a survey of 23,000 employees conducted by Harris Interactive, only 37% of employees actually understood what their employer was trying to achieve. How can you fix this? My expert HR advice is to talk about the Vision often – have it on meeting agendas and email signatures. Talk about it in performance meetings. Discuss it interviews. Use it as reasons to tell employees yes or in some cases - no.
Can your organization describe your company vision in one sentence? Wendy can help in just 3 work sessions.